2022 SLICE of Credit presents
Technology Education for the 21st Century – 100% ONLINE
Two sessions to choose from in Summer 2022!
June 21 - July 8 OR July 11 - July 29
For students entering 7th-12th grade – ONLINE this summer with University of La Verne!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!
Two Sessions Offered • $350 per online session
This summer, University of La Verne and Claremont Educational Foundation are proud to offer a WASC accredited course in Technology Education for the 21st Century. Each 3-week ONLINE session is the equivalent of one semester in school and fulfills technology education graduation requirements. High school students may use a University of La Verne transcript after course completion to apply for 5 credits towards graduation requirements at their high schools. In this online course, students will work daily at their own pace and on their own schedule to create, manipulate, and produce content; understand research and information fluency; and learn about digital citizenship, communication, collaboration, technology operations, and concepts.
To meet semester credit requirements, all classes are approximately four-hours per day of student participation. Transcripts will be available to purchase upon successful completion of the course for a $10 fee.
How to Order Transcripts (for students who have completed and passed the course):
- Wait to order your transcripts until your grades have been posted (2 weeks after course has ended) on MyLaVerne. Use your 8-digit User ID (also called your Banner ID), enter your last name used on your registration, and select your role (Student)
- To order transcripts please visit the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- Select University of La Verne from the drop-down menu and follow the prompts.
Please note, it is the student's responsibility to provide transcripts to their school. DO NOT open the transcript, as most institutions require the transcripts to be provided in sealed envelopes.
Registration and Payment Instructions:
- Visit the ULV Non-Degree Application Website here
- Select the "CEF SLICE ofSummer Program enrollment" from the "What are your academic intentions?" dropdown list.
- Fill out student's information (including non-CUSD email address that they have access to) and submit
- Once the application has been submitted, they will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to complete registration and make payment. The email will include the student's email address and PIN needed to activate the account.
- Activate the account and submit payment. Payment is due within 24 hours of registering or student will be dropped from the course for incomplete registration.